Thursday, June 20, 2013

I'm Back.... Again.

Hello Internet friends,

I cannot believe it has been more than a year since I have last written a blog post. Time sure flies. I am back though. For real this time. I initially started this blog with the intention of focusing on running. But there's so much more to my life than that. I love health and fitness, but I'm also someone who is "always in her head." A "thinker" I've been told. So because I constantly have so many thoughts running through my mind-- sometimes insightful, mostly weird-- I think I'm going to start writing more. I mean, I already keep a journal, but it never hurts to share some of my thoughts with the world. Or the odd unknown who happens to accidentally stumble upon this page.

You know what's interesting though? I write as if I'm speaking to an audience. But in reality, this "audience" is probably the same person staring back at me in the mirror. Regardless though, I just love writing. To be honest, I've always been intrigued by journalism. By the possibility of writing for a living. I can't explain why I've never really pursued it. But it's never too late to try now.

Anyways, I guess I should introduce myself. I mean, if you're still reading this, that means there's a chance that you'll stick around, right? I hope so.

Well, I am a 20-year-old (21 in a few weeks!) student who is still trying to figure out what the heck she wants to do with her life. Law school, teaching, journalism... those are only a few of the options that I am currently contemplating. Although I am still undecided about what I want to do with my career, there is one thing I do know. I know that no matter what job I choose to do, it is going to be something that I am going to love waking up in the morning to do, and that is is something that is going to change lives. As cliche as it sounds, all I want to do with my life is to make a difference. Even if it is in just one person's life. Even if it is for just one moment.

I know my introduction is vague, but I hope that it has intrigued some of you enough to want to read what else I have to say. And as for my name? That's not important. At least not for now.

Wow, I didn't realize I had written so much, so that is probably long enough for now. I have a million topics that I want to write about right this second. But maybe another time. This feeling that I'm getting, this excitement over what I want to talk about-- this is why I love writing.

Until next time.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment