Sunday, July 14, 2013

Update

Life has been pretty hectic lately. From working 40 hours a week, to volunteering, to working out 4 times a week, to studying for my LSAT, to trying to get in a decent number of hours of sleep an night;  I'd say my schedule is pretty jammed pack. I'm not complaining though. Amidst the seemingly shorter days, I know that sticking to my prescribed routine will require a lot of discipline. It's not easy going to bed when the sun is still out, or to sit in an office when you know you could be at the beach. But that's all part of being disciplined, and staying true to your commitments. And of course, it's also about realizing that there are going to be times when you do things not because you want to, but because you need to. It's about doing the right things in order to get to where you want to be.

This idea of discipline and remaining committed has been discussed in my post "The Lack of Motivation is an Excuse for the Weak." So because of that, I'm not going to get into that again.

I guess the point of this post is to provide a little bit of an update. I haven't posted since I started my new job, so thought it was about time.

And I'll leave you with this quote:

"A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life" 
-- Charles Darwin

Stay busy, and keep trying to improve yourself each and every day.

Until next time,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment