Sunday, September 22, 2013

Recipe: Peanut Butter and Honey Cookies

Today, I'm going to share with you an easy peanut butter and honey cookies recipe that helps satisfy your craving, and at the same time, isn't packed with a million preservatives and calories that most cookies do. Depending on the ingredients you use, there are able 70-80 calories/cookie.

Ingredients:
4 tbsp (1/2 cup) Peanut Butter (natural PB would make this recipe "healthier"; but I use a commercial brand)
4 tbsp (1/2 cup) Honey
1/2 egg
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
Opt: Raisins, walnuts, etc

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Mix together PB and honey
3. Mix in egg and baking soda. You can mix in your optional ingredients at this step as well.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes

FUN TIP: If you do not have any baking soda, you can use baking powder instead, but be sure to double the amount of baking soda that the recipe asks for. (Ex. 1/2 tsp BS = 1 tsp BP). Also, even though this works, it's always better to use baking soda instead.

Happy baking!

Until next time

C


PS I will post a picture of my PB and Honey Cookies the next time I make them. They got demolished pretty quick the last time I made them, so I need to be quicker with the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment