Sunday, April 15, 2012

Vancouver Sun Run

Vancouver Sun Run

I ran the Vancouver Sun Run this morning and it felt great! It was a 10K run, so it wasn't super long. It was my first time and I know that I want to do it again next year. I'm not sure what my exact time was because I started my timer about half a kilometre early, but I do know that it was under 1 hour. I probably should have signed up for the estimated time group ahead of mine because I finished in that range. But, hey, it was a great first experience!

Also, I knew the Sun Run is a very popular 10K run (I think the largest in Canada), but I did not expect it to be so crowded! It was actually difficult to go the pace that I wanted because there were people everywhere. Regardless, I had a blast, and I definitely enjoyed grabbing water at the water station and then crumpling it to throw on the ground... just like in the movies! I only did that a couple times though, I felt kind of bad about littering.

Oh and the only not-so-great thing I could say (other than my allergies that are ailing me now) is that it took a super long time to start! I guess that is because I signed up for one of the longer estimated time groups, so they had to start all the other groups ahead of us first. The race started at 9am, but my group didn't start until almost 10am! Oh well, I still had a good time, plus the weather was fairly nice.

Anyway, I encourage all of you to get out there and sign up for a run in your community. It is super rewarding and it's inspiring to be surrounded by so many dedicated runners/walkers taking time out of their busy schedules to take part in something that promotes fitness and health. And if you don't enjoy running (then I'm not quite sure why you're reading this) but do find something that gives you that rush and that sense of satisfaction. Don't take life for granted because everything can change in a split second, so find something you're passionate about and go for it!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment